When people are looking to do up their homes, replacing the roof is often overlooked, and even if it’s considered many don’t give much of a thought to having a steel roof installed for one reason or another. However, you’ll be surprised at how much of a viable option steel roofing is for your home.
Forget What You’ve Heard About Steel Roofing
In today’s worlds, people love to pretend they’re experts on things that they’re not remotely qualified to have an opinion on, but you should really listen to an expert – and they’re all talking about what a great product steel roofs are. They have a long list of benefits, including:
- Life Expectancy – Whilst other roof types may only last a relatively short amount of time, a high-quality steel roof can be expected to last for upwards of 50 years if it is properly cared for. Given most people tend not to stay in one place for so long, you’re truly buying a product for life when you purchase a steel roof, and saving a fortune on potentially expensive replacements. Unlike other roofs types, steel roofs are impervious to rot, mold and insects and stand up strongly towards inclement weather types, meaning they stand both the test of time and nature.
- Lighter than You Think – Many people assume that steel roofing isn’t an option because it may be too heavy for their home – but that simply isn’t the case. Steel roofs can be up to 20% lighter than other roof types, meaning there’s often not an extra burden on your home and that it can easily be supported.
- They’re Not Giant Radiators – It’s understandable why people may think a steel roof will make your home hotter, but in actual fact the metal reflects heat from the sun, rather than absorbing and circulating it through your home, so you may actually find your home cooler as a result. They’re also effective when it comes to fire resistance, meaning there’s one less thing to worry about.
- Affordable in the Long Run – Whilst some may think they can’t afford a steel roof, their superior energy efficiency qualities means they’ll actually save you money in the long run and pay for themselves due to the fuel costs they’ll save you. Not only that, but their longevity means that one initial outlay will be all you need.
- Noisy? That’s a Myth – The idea that steel roofs will keep you up at night is an old one that’s not relevant anymore. A steel roof coupled with solid sheafing is proven to be quieter than roof types such as asphalt, so there’s no need to worry about the sound of hail bouncing down.
Steel Roofing is an Option for You
Simply put, steel roofs are a superior product with a long list of benefits that outweigh any negatives you might have heard. For a long lasting product that could save you money in the long run, you shouldn’t look any further than a steel roof.