Are you considering making the upgrade to a metal roof? Metal roofs have recently gained popularity as a roofing material thanks to their ability to withstand the elements, improve the energy efficiency of your home, and last decades. So just how long do the various metal roofs last? Let’s see.
What Is The Expected Lifespan of a Metal Roof?
Overall, the expected lifespan of a metal roof is unrivaled. Often lasting 50 to 100 years with the proper care and maintenance. Compare this to other roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles, that only last between 10 and 20 years. And when you do eventually need a replacement, the metal panels are 100% recyclable! Not only are metal panels durable, but eco-friendly.
What Other Factors Contribute to Metal Panels’ Long Shelf Life?
- For starters, they are extremely durable. Metal panels better withstand the slight contraction and expansion that comes with changing temperatures.
- When exposed to the sun, they are not susceptible to cracking and crumbling like shingles.
- Thanks to their overlapping construction and protective sealant, metal roofs are also far less likely to experience water damage compared to other roofing structures.
- Metal roofs are unattractive to pests, such as termites. Making them far less exposed to outer factors that would challenge the roof’s integrity.
- Most metal roofs include the highest impact resistance and hail rating.
How Can I Make Sure My Metal Roof “Lasts A Lifetime.”
Ensuring the longevity of your metal roof is easy. Proper care and maintenance will be the key. It’s important to clean your metal roof at least once per year, but ideally after the change of the seasons. Clean gutters, drains, and sweep other dirt or debris from the surface of the roof. Structural maintenance is more in-depth. You should have your panel seams inspected at least once per year and make sure areas in need of new/more sealant are attended to.
Metal panels are a wonderful, long-lasting investment to make for your home or building. If you would like to learn more about your metal roofing options, contact our qualified team of professionals at 1.855.838.9393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.